give energy

Monday, April 19, 2010

found: lost bird...


First post. I'm basically going to use this space to talk about shit I think is cool or funny or interesting or artistic or whatever the fuck I feel like. Sorry for saying fuck. Sometimes I get heated. If you get heated, love, hate, have mixed feelings, have any feelings, or lack there of, about whatever I might write here, feel free to let me know. You may think this is very, very lame. I kinda do. But express yourself, it may motivate me in someway.

Most often, I have the strongest feelings about music. Therefore, most often, I will post about music. Not solely new or old or any particular genre or for any reason other than that I get really into songs and want to share them with people.

I like music + So do you = We like music. Let's make an equals sign.

Like an erupting volcano in Iceland, an intense explosion of music has entered our lives recently. Of note, new Crystal Castles is covering the skies of my mind in a thick layer of ash and smoke, in the best way possible, as I write this (explaining the picture...sort of).

If you're looking for recommendations, here are some songs that I have been playing on repeat lately:

-Dance Yrself Clean by LCD Soundsystem
-Odessa by Caribou
-Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan
-M.E. by Gary Numan
-Disorder by Joy Division
-Running From The Cops by Phantogram
-Bigmouth Strikes Again by The Smiths
-This Must Be The Place by Talking Heads
-Mysterons by Portishead

Also, I've been stuck on this video and song for awhile now....

And this song as well for some reason. The hair tossing is........(I'm sorry i'm just thinking of the right word).....masterful.






No comments:

Post a Comment