give energy

Saturday, April 24, 2010

...will make you JUMP JUMP


While attempting to prevent our brains from imploding at work, my coworkers and I sometimes discuss inane topics. I'm sure you can relate. Yesterday, one topic came up that was not so inane. Another Bad Creation's "Iesha" is fucking amazing. I think I was about four years old when this song first came out, but if I remember correctly, I believe these guys had beef with Kriss Kross about who started wearing their clothes backwards first. I wish I had this beef.

One reason why we must prevent our brains from imploding on a daily basis is that my job involves a great deal of waiting on hold for a certain government organization. Recently, they just up and changed their hold music. At first I was freaking out. I had become accustomed to grooving out to this particular music and, to be honest, I felt a little cheated that they hadn't been announcing this change rather than "please continue to hold" for the past three months in order to properly prepare us ignorant folk. However, after my utter shock had subsided, I began to appreciate this change. It really sounds like the Cars' "Drive" at times, which is a beautifully sad song.


I want to be the person that changes the hold music. What if one person's entire job was to go around changing hold music on various companies' telephone systems? And they could choose whatever they wanted. So much better than radio because you wouldn't ever have to talk in a stupid ass voice about complete bullshit or do advertisements, all you would do is pick out music. Here is a list of companies/organizations and what I would immediately change their hold music to:

Fortune 500 topping Wal-Mart: Spirits in the Material World by The Police
NASA: Indo Silver Club by Daft Punk, because NASA hold music should only consist of Daft Punk songs
Exxon: Cat People by David Bowie
Verizon/AT&T: Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, not sure they really deserve this, but....maps, cmon
Yaz: either Pull Out by Death from Above 1979 or Situation by Yaz, for obvious reasons
All Drug dealers' ring back tone: Half on a Sack by 3 6 Mafia. Actually, drug dealers need to get hold systems
Christianity (I think this counts as a corporation): Baptism by Crystal Castles. This is live but my first post has the link to the album.

That devolved quickly.

Lastly, if you need to get over someone, listen to this over and over again: O.N.E. by Yeasayer. There will most likely be more of this topic to come, but right now, "I like it when you lose control."

No comments:

Post a Comment